|Name of the Department||
|About the Department||Department of Chemistry started with 6 Units at U.G. level in 1970 which has flourished into one of the sought-after Post-Graduate and Research Centre due to its well-defined objectives.|
|Aims and Objectives||Aim:
? To encourage the students to apply the
knowledge of chemistry for the benefit of society.
? To develop strategic collaboration with
chemical industries by means of projects which uplifts the interest and awareness of students in chemistry.
? To provide caliber human resource having skill for industries.
|Courses Offered||UG : Bsc Degree Course in Chemistry
? M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry
? M.Sc. By Research in Organic & Inorganic Chemistry
? Ph.D. in Chemistry
Skill Based Short Term Courses :
? Career Planning and Soft Skills Development
? Skills in Industrial Chemistry
? Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis
? Research Methodology
? Advance Research Techniques in chemistry
|List of faculty||Mr. Raghunath J. Katkar(HOD)||M.Sc.|
|Mr. Prabhakar A.Gaikwad||M.Sc.|
|Mr. Dhananjay N. Kokil||M.Sc.|
|Dr. Anil M. Palve||M.Sc., B.Ed. SET , Ph. D. PDF (USA)|
|Mr. Uttam N. Dhaigude||M.Sc.|
|Mr. Nitin A. Sasane||M.Sc.,B.Ed., NET|
|Mr. Pramod Thakur||M.Sc. Ph.D. NET, CSIR-JRF|
|Mr. Vishal A. Naik||M.Sc. NET, UGC-JRF, GATE|
|Action Plan||1. Establishing international collaboration.
2. Quality research for patents & high impact factor journals
3. To go for Post-doctoral research.
4. To have students & faculty exchange program.
5. To start the collaborative industrial research.
6. Enrichment of Ph.D. Research Centre.
7. Organization of international seminar/conference.
8. Submission of funding proposal to various funding
agencies like DST, UGC, CSIR.
|Books||Central Library||Departmental Library|
|(Journal of Indian Council of Chemistry-International journal)|
|Our Pride||• Dr. G. A. Thakur (Secretary, Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, Satara)
• Mr. Paresh Thakur (Chairman, TIPL, Panvel)
• Mr. Preetam Mhatre (President, Vidhyarthi Sanghatana,
• Director, M/S J. M. Mhatre construction company)
• Dr. Vivek Bhagwat (Manager Benzochem Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd. Tarapur)
• Mrs. Leena Patil (Advocate Panvel)
• Mr. Rahul Sarang (Tahasildar)
• Mrs. Rajashree Sarang (Secretary, Mantralay, Mumbai)
• Mr. Bhushan Patil (Trustee, J.N. P.T.)
• Mr. Santosh Porji, (Executives Officer, ONGC)
• Mr Ulhas Thakur (Safety Manager S I group of India)
• Dr. S. S. Patil (Director DSW, University of Mumbai)
• Miss S. A. Damodare (Lecturer in Chemistry, M. P. A. S. C. college, Panvel. Raigad.
• Dr. Saira Mulla (Lecturer in Chemistry, Acharya Marathe College, Chembur)
• Dr. Vikas Thakur (Lecturer in Chemistry, M. P. A. S. C. college, Panvel. Raigad.)
• Mrs. Varsha Patil (Lecturer in Chemistry, J. S. M. College, Alibag)
• Dr. S. k. Patil (Head & Vice Principal, C. K. T. College, Panvel)
• Dr. V. D. Patil (Lecturer in Chemistry, C. K. T. College, Panvel)
• Ms. Swati Pargaonkar (Lecturer in Chemistry, C.K.T.College,Panvel.)
• Mr. S. N. Vajekar (Lecturer in Chemistry, Sidharth College, Mumbai)
• Dr. Pramod Thakur (Lecturer in Chemistry, M. P. A. S. C. college, Panvel. Raigad.
• Dr. Suyog Patil (Completed ph.D. from Kalina Mumbai)
• Dr. Amol Shinde (Senior Analyst at Shimadzu, Andheri)
• Dr. Vaishali Pachpande (Doing Post Doctaral Studies)
• Dr. Avinash Gatade (HOD, Ambani College Rasayani)
• Dr. Rakesh Patil (Senior Chemist-Polymer industry)
• Dr. Sushil Ghorpade (Senior Scientist-Vedant Pharma)
• Ms. Vaishali Ghorpade (Senior Scientist- USV)
• Dr. Sunder Kelkar (Completed Ph.D. from ICT Mumbai)
• Dr. Balaram Takale (Scientist R&D Pfizer, Chennai)
• Dr. Kamlesh Kumar B. Singh (Safety Officer- BPCL)